Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Funnel web or black house spider and how to kill just the babies?

I was hoping for information on funnel webs and black house spider based around the differences. Including how long it takes to get to maturity.





I have a spider on my window sill which I really love, always have, so I don't want to kill her but recently hundreds of babies came out of the nes, now there are about ten that I can see in the nest. If she is a funnel web like I always suspected I will have to get rid of them.





I can't seem to tell the difference from pictures.





Stuff about them/ her.


I suspect house spider from the shape of her nesting web but I suspect funnel web from what I was told by someone else the shape of the egg was and the fact that the babies seem to have decreased in number.


I don鈥檛 know If the babies have left or been eaten but I haven鈥檛 seen any around and the ones that I know were dead, because they don鈥檛 move when I blew on them, are gone too.


I had thought she had lived there all my life but it occurs to me that it could have been a line of them.





Do females of either species wander to breed because I think she may have wandered to the bathroom and eaten my sill spider there one day he was my bathroom fly catcher and the next week he had a friend and a week later he was a husk, but I'm not sure it was her, I didn't check if missy had left her sill.





I live in Canberra, Australia.











I鈥檓 sure there is more I should add about her but I can鈥檛 think of any of it at the moment. What I鈥檓 sure would be helpful at the moment;


鈥? How to kill the babies without killing the adult, they are about half a mm in size.


鈥?Ideas on how to tell the difference.


鈥?Not telling me that all spiders should be killed or that it is dirty to have spiders in my house.


鈥?In fact just general facts on identifying them that I might not have would help.








Much thanks for any help.Funnel web or black house spider and how to kill just the babies?
instead of killing the babies why not try to collect them in a jar and let them go outside i don't think it would be that hard to catch them

No comments:

Post a Comment