Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What are these little black house beetles and striped larvae and how do I get rid of them?!?

Just moved into a 1st floor flat in Glasgow and keep finding little wiggly striped larvae and small black hard beetles with six legs, especially in the space between carpet and skirting and occasionally in the kitchen and bathroom. My flat is clean but I can't shift these blighters! Any ideas what they are and how to remove? Thanks! It's really ruining my 'new flat' buzz! :)What are these little black house beetles and striped larvae and how do I get rid of them?!?
Those are black carpet beetles.





Your borax will work.What are these little black house beetles and striped larvae and how do I get rid of them?!?
We've had something like these for months. I spent a long time trawling the Internet looking for something, but they looked different than the image you provided, especially the adult.





I will provide two links. One has images, descriptions and most importantly, how to get rid of them. The second is a thread I made on a forum with images of the ones we have. I hope they are the same as ours so this will help you, best of luck. :)
Without seeing them it is difficult to be certain. I think they may be dermestid beetles. Have a look in your loft to make sure that there are no birds nests in there. These will attract a number of pests. If this does not work can you post a photo of the insects %26amp; I will be able to give a better answer.
  • beaded necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment