Saturday, February 20, 2010

Has anybody read The Talisman and The Black House?

They were both written by Stephen King and Peter Straub,as a joint venture,I have read both many times,but my question is


Does anyone know if they are going to write another book together as their previous books were brilliant.They were hard to put down once you got into reading them.


I've read most of Stephen king's books,and i like most of the stories,but nothing of Peter Straub.


Could anyone tell me about Peter Straub's books plz?Has anybody read The Talisman and The Black House?
Rumor has it they, yes, there will be a third book. Although neither King or Straub has commented on it, I would not be surprised to learn that they have already started on it.





If you remember the end of ';Black House,'; when Jack was marooned in The Territories, Parkus talked of how Jack could only return to our world for short periods of time. Obviously there will be a third book.Has anybody read The Talisman and The Black House?
have read both, loved the talisman, ithought the dark house was ok, Koko by peter Straub is excellant well worth checking out
Yes! The Talisman was one of my favourite books, but I hadn't thought about it in a long time til your question. I wasn't quite as impressed with The Black House, possibly because I thought the theme worked better with Jack as a child. I like Stephen King, but I liked his collaboration with Peter Straub better. Sorry, I really don't know anything about his other books.
I have also read the Straub/King books and thought they were pretty good.As far as other joint ventures go there doesn't seem to be anything on the horizon - but if they do collaborate again, it won't likely have anything to do with those story lines as King has publicly announced that he is done not only with the Dark Tower storyline but with the horror genre in whole (I think he could never stay away from horror forever - but that's what he says). He is currently working on ROMANCE work if you can believe it!





As far as Peter Straub goes, I have read two other books by him - Ghost Story and KoKo. Ghost Story was more the supernatural story and was pretty OK (not as encompassing as a King story). KoKo was more of a suspense/drama type of story - I thought this was actually a very good book and would recommend it before Ghost story.


Hope this helped!


Cheers!
im certain someone must have..yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment